Saturday, June 16, 2007

End of the Week Roundup

It's time once again for that fun-filled feature I like to call - What Were They Thinking?! It's the game I play from time to time where we examine the various things people typed into the google search bar that returned unto them this blog.

First up, we have "meaning of Carnell." That's not so surprising. Googling Carnell or Delia Carnell provides very little offerings that are not me. There's Carnell Williams the running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - GO BUCS! - but he's more well known as Cadillac. Although these days, it's more like Kia, isn't it, Bucs fans?

Next is "smelliest bird." Now do you suppose that person means the bird with the most horrific odor, or the bird with the most advanced olfactory system? Either way, why would you care? Does it matter that this hit came from Australia? And how did I get involved in this one? Yes, Bird is in the title here, but smelliest? Come on!

"romance author marin thomas" No mystery there. Last week I was reading her book, Nelson in Command, and mentioned it here. Fun read, by the way. Very sexy hero. But this leads me to wonder...if I should from time to time mention some popular authors - Nora Roberts, for example, or Stephen King - would I get a lot more hits? If I put in one of my favorite (Lawrence Block) authors, might he find me when he's googling himself? What? I'm the only one who googles myself? I don't believe that!

And here's my favorite from this collection - "pineapple blonde" Now, I right away thought of the line in Grease, "you look like a beautiful blonde pineapple." But does the phrase have any other meaning? Not that I can tell.

Thanks for going through yet another week with me. I'm off to do the errands.

What I'm listening to - The Pretenders, Greatest Hits

What I'm reading - Spellstruck by Jaclyn Reding

Have a great day!
Delia

No comments: