Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Live from the New Office...

Yes, it's true. Despite the ongoing saga of the Tile Guy, the multiple coats of paint, the stuff The Boy left behind, I have finally moved into the new office. Yesterday, I persuaded the young Cable Guy to activate the internet access for me in this room. Then I undertook the daunting chore of moving the computer. Unbelievably, I managed to disconnect every wire and reconnect each one of them correctly. On the first try!

So here I am in the new office with my Snow White Rose colored walls, my not-the-tile-I-picked floor, and my beautiful view out the front window.

Life is full of changes. Having been offered a contract by The Wild Rose Press for "A Lotus-Covered Door," I have decided to begin publishing my work under my real name. No, Delia Carnell does not exist beyond the beautiful covers of my LI and CP books. That name was chosen over a pitcher of sangria and anangrams of Cinderella. It served me well, but I'm eager to launch my real self into the world. From now on, my work will be published under the name Susan Cody. That's who I am. At least that's the name on the title to the T-Bird.

To that end, I'll be making some changes in cyberspace. www.susancody.com already exists, but there isn't much on it just yet. My new MySpace page is myspace.com/susanvcody. I guess somebody already had Susancody. I had to add the V.
And the Blonde in the Red T-Bird will be making a corresponding change the end of the week. So when you click your bookmarks and you can't get anywhere, just change the name. You should be just fine.

Okay, I've got a lot of work still to do. Like figure out where I'm going to put the printer and whether the connecting cable is long enough. Have a wonderful day!

Susan

PS - I will probably continue to use the name "Delia" when I place my order at Starbucks.

2 comments:

JJ's Blog said...

Good luck, Susan! You're my hero.

J_J

Susan Cody said...

Shucks, J_J. You're MY hero. At least when we're sitting the blackjack table in Vegas.

Susan