Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

My Cerridwen editor lives in Australia where they've been under drought conditions for something like two years. When she mentioned a touch of rain this morning, three of us in the group came up with the image of Gene Kelly in Singin' in the Rain. I said it was my all-time favorite movie scene. Which led me to think of what else I would put on a short list with it.


Here are some:




Rhett carries Scarlett up the stairs - I don't even have to explain this one. If you're reading the blog of a romance writer, you KNOW what I mean







"I'll have what she's having." Again, you know the movie. My Prince took me to the deli last year.




"If you don't get on that plane..." The final goodbye scene in Casablanca. Oh, my. This film has great moment after great moment.




The poison cup scene in The Princess Bride. Ah, but the whole film is spectacular. As you wish.




Rear Window - when Jimmy Stewart is watching Grace Kelly in the killer's apartment and is helpless to warn her when the man returns. Wow. That's suspense. Even having seen it a few times, it still scares me.




I reserve the right to add entries to this list without notice. Now I think I'll go watch a movie.




Have a great day!


Delia










No comments: