Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm an eBay-bee

I will admit: All things computer frighten me. I don't know why. I've always managed to figure out everything I needed to figure out. I've kept myself surrounded with people who know a great deal about them, however, so that's been some comfort.

I used to write in long-hand in spiral notebooks. There's an esthetic pleasure to watching the words flow out of a pen like some long, meandering river or the ribbons of a maypole. But I'm a Baby Boomer. We're edge-riders, risk-takers, world-changers. At least we used to be. Now we spend more time worried about our annuities and shaking our heads over the music, but that's another story.

It bothers me that I spend $138.03 per month on a storage unit that's full of stuff I don't know what to do with. Plus, my best friends have plans to sell their dental practice and their home and live a long adventuresome time in a motor home. So Jeanette and I decided we had to solve this eBay mystery. There's gold in them thar boxes!



I have always considered myself a cut above your average dummy. So off we go! Jeanette used to be a semi-grand poobah in the person-to-person cosmetics business, so our test balloon, we decided, would be the Silver Anniversary doll of Miss Mary Kay herself. Surely it would be a collector's dream for MK consultants and doll people alike.

After much study. Okay, after a few minutes of study, I managed to get the thing up there. Yes, you can now go to eBay and see the Mary Kay doll (tastefully photographed against my freshly painted office walls in a complementary color). Bid on her if you like. I'd be thrilled to at least make back my one dollar investment.

If this works out, I'm going to start throwing handfuls of The Boy's sports cards up there. He was a big Niners fan in the Joe Montana days. Maybe we'll stumble upon a rarity.

At the very least, I have the best written sales copy of anyone out there.

Have a wonderful day.
Susan

No comments: