Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Suppose It's Time to Come Back

I've been reluctant to put many words here recently. 2008 has been a year of challenge and heartache. But the best way to deal with those things is to write about them.

My mother was very sick for a long four months. She passed two days after my birthday. It's been about six weeks, and I profoundly miss her. I'm sure the ache will dull somewhat as time goes by, but it hasn't yet. My sister and I are faced with the daunting task of clearing out Mom's things. So many things. What should we do with all of them? We still don't know yet. This will take a while.

To find ourselves a little bit of healing space, my sister and I sailed on a Disney Cruise last week. It's something I've always wanted to do, and it seemed the perfect opportunity to get away, relax, be together in a happier space. And it was all that.



I highly recommend the journey if you've ever wondered whether crusing was for you. Neither of us had ever done it, but we found the Wonder to be completely comfortable, charming, and all of the things you'd expect from Disney.

So now what?

I lost my job. Can't say that I really miss it, but still...it was nice income and something that I enjoyed doing. Too bad. But there is still eBay, and I have a much larger inventory to market. And there is the thing that has always been my salvation - writing.

Any time in my life that things were sad or lonely for me, writing has been my way back to the sunlight. And it will be now too. Today, for the first time in months, I'm putting down words. And the eventual result will be successful. I know this. It's something I'm good at, and I enjoy doing it. So I suppose, Faithful Readers, if there are any of you left, you'll be seeing more Blog posts now.

I'm off to see where I left the Bombshell. Surely she's not still in that old cabin, is she?

More tomorrow...
Susan

No comments: