Monday, November 10, 2008

The Enchanted Journal

I've been a bit under the weather the past few days, but my friends dragged me out into the sunshine Saturday to Downtown Disney for the annual Festival of the Masters art show. I love a good art show. I like to look at the shiny glass objects, the huge paintings with bright splashes of color, the sleek wooden pieces. And the photographs particularly appeal to me. Throw in my favorite mouse, and one would wonder why I've never strolled around this one before.

It was everything I hoped it would be - and one thing I didn't expect. I was particularly engrossed with a pair of beaded earrings that caught the sunilght and glistened when my best friend Jeanette called to me from across the aisle. "You have to come see this."

She knows me. She's seen me run my hands over smooth leather binding, bury my nose in the promising scent of fresh paper, fill pages with beautiful words. Jeanette had found a charming young lady who makes journals. She makes everything from the polished leather to the unique paper inside. I was, of course, enthralled.

I touched each one lovingly, feeling the smoothness beneath my fingertips, imagining the words I would put on each page. But one in particular called to me. From the moment I lifted it into my hands, I knew it belonged to me. I turned the pages carefully, thinking that I had finally found a companion, an instrument of my craft, a dreamkeeper.




I'm not ashamed to say that it made me cry.

Of course, I bought it. I had to. It was mine.

Teresa Haun is the artist. She calls her offerings Mind's Eye Journals. I completely agree. You can read all about it at her website Mindseyejournals.com

And if writing is important to you, then you should look at them and discover which one she made for you.

Have a lovely day.

Susan

No comments: