Friday, December 5, 2008

Top Ten Lists - The Other Side!

Usually if there's something to do with a Top Ten list in this Blog, it's because I've made one. Today, it's because I'm ON one.

Not too long ago, I got a fabulous review for TIME TO KEEP, my time travel romance that was out this year. Now Kimber at Fallen Angel reviews has compiled her list of the Top Ten best books of 2008.

Guess who's on it!






Yes, that's right. Kimber has honored us with a spot on her list. I can't tell you what a thrill this is. I've said this here before, and I'll say it again: Writing is a Very Solitary Experience. I sit here in this little space that I've made as visually appealing and inspirational as I can. I have mood music, photos of people who resemble the major characters (Mark Harmon, usually), and a few reference books. I try to capture what I see in my head, the dialogue I hear, the emotions my characters are feeling.

But I never know if I'm getting it right. One of the difficult things about writing is the huge length of time between creation and feedback. Did I get it right? Does it make sense? Will someone else be as crazy about it as I am?

You just don't know, so you keep on putting down the words, day after day, working on nothing but blind faith. Someone will love it. Someone will buy it. Someone will be glad she read it. This time, I have my proof. Someone not only liked it, she liked it TOP TEN BEST of all the books she read this year.

Wow.

Thanks, Kimber, for not just the honor, but for the inspiration, the kick-in-the-pants to go on. And on and on.

If you'd like to see the rest of Kimber's list, click here.

And if you'd like to read TIME TO KEEP yourself, then click here.

Thanks, Faithful Readers. What would I do without you?

Susan

No comments: