Thursday, January 11, 2007

CP Gets Haunted!

Great news! I just received a contract offer for BLAME IT ON THE GHOST from Cerridwen Press. I'm very excited about this one.

If TOUGHER THAN DIAMONDS was my homage to Lawrence Block, then this one is for Stephen King. Oh, I don't imagine that the horror master is anything like my Dylan, but still... all those scary books did something to me, or I wouldn't have thought to make this character.

Dylan and Amberly (anyone who lives in Tampa Palms will know where I first saw THAT name) go to a little place called Cassadaga to get some help in tracking down their ghost. Cassadaga is a real place, pretty much as I described it. You really do just walk into the bookstore and look at names on a chalkboard to find someone for a reading. I did it myself, a really long time ago. It's a charming little community. If you're ever in the Orlando area, you will definitely want to make the sidetrip to check it out. Even if you don't want a reading, you'll find something to like about the place.

Now I have to decide between the Runaway Heiress or the one about the cursed sunken treasuer to finish up next. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Amanda Young said...

Huge Congrats, Delia! That's great news.