Monday, May 7, 2007

CP Gets the Heiress - Or Someone Like Her

I have received a contract offer from Cerridwen Press for my latest romance novel RUNAWAY HEIRESS. This was a really fun book to write, and I'm glad they like it. Here's the problem: They want me to change the title.

It' s not that I mind changing the title. I'm happy to do it. It's just that coming up with a title is the hardest thing for me to do! I'd rather write a whole 'nother book than come up with a new title.

Okay, maybe not a whole book, but you understand what I mean. This is not my forte. My son was two weeks old before I named him. I had to go back to the hospital to fill in the paperwork. And I had nine months to think about that one! The last eighteen days, I was in the hospital on bedrest. It's not like I didn't have time!

If only there were a magic title generator that I could use. Or even a store. Titles R Us. How about going with something tried and true? Let's call it GONE WITH THE WIND. Or WAR AND PEACE.

Oh, snap! I know I shouldn't be whining about this, but it truly is a problem. The paperwork can't move forward until we can fill in the blank with the title. So I supppose I know what I'll be doing today. And if anyone has a suggestion for a good way to do this, please feel free to pop in with it. I'm not opposed to bribery if that's what it takes!

Have a great day!
Delia

No comments: