Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Reviews Are Rolling In!

ALMOST PARADISE, my first release from Loose-Id.com is starting to draw the attention of online review sites. This is exciting on many levels, but mostly because it's validating for someone who is not in love with me to say nice things about my work. Here are a couple of snippets:

"The sex between them is very hot and you feel the emotional connection with every touch. As the story progresses, Ms. Carnell peals back layers to show more depth to the characters. As a result, I was entranced with the story and the insecurities of the two characters. The completion of the romance had me very happy I had read the story. I found this a touching erotic romance with just the right amount of whimsy. Almost Paradise is paradise to read – don’t miss it!"
--Julie Esparza, JERR, 4.5 hearts

"Almost Paradise hooked me from the very first page. Right away many questions are given but very little answers making the reader desire more.As the story unfolds those answers will astound you. This is not the same story you have read before. Almost Paradise is a scintillating plot with twists and turns that will make your head spin. Delia Carnell is genius when it comes to unique captivating stories."
-- Zoe Knighton, Sensual Reads, 5 roses

Did you get that last remark? Genius. That may be just a little bit over the mark. I mean, I haven't found a cure for cancer or anything. I would reserve "genius" for Einstein and people like that. Still, it's kind of fun. I've been throwing it around with my family, each one of which is already tired of it.

As my sister said, "Yeah, that's one person's opinion."

But it's validating. I was afraid I might be like those lonely people on American Idol who sound like screeching cats but truly think they sing well. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks I can write. Clearly Julie and Zoe are insightful perceptive reveiwers, having recognized my genius out of the many words that flow before their eyes daily.

Okay, enough basking in the glow of great reviews. It's time to go change the cat litter.

Have a wonderful day!
Delia

No comments: