Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MORE RAVE REVIEWS!!!


Possibly my favorite of all my ebooks is TOUGHER THAN DIAMONDS. That's the one that's set in Tampa. It's sort of my homage to all those great Bogie and Bacall movies that typify Film Noir. The book was released exactly two years ago. So you can imagine my surprise when this review turned up on my Google Alert yesterday:

"This story was exceptionally easy to read, with excellent characters! Rebecca was both sophisticated and easy to like. The author did a fantastic job showing the reader all the layers of Rebecca’s psyche. She was feisty, intelligent, and lovable.

Jake was also intriguing, with a macho exterior and a marshmallow interior. A true man’s man with sensitivity and the ability to love someone without too much angst. I truly enjoyed reading their story."

This review came from Rista Tompkins at The Romance Readers Connection. Thanks very much to Rista for finding this book and for liking it.

This kind of attention is extremely good for a writer. Like I've said many times before, writing is a solitary experience. It's also a long, long time between writing the words and receiving any pay off. All these reviews that show up on the Internet are very valuable to a writer.

Now I suppose I should get busy and finish the current project. Yes, that's a good idea.

Have a great day!
Susan

No comments: