Thursday, August 2, 2007

Back to the Future

I should have finished this time travel story at least a week ago, maybe two. The thing is, I thought of something that makes it a LOT better. I hate to rewrite more than just about anything else. But here I am back on page one, filling in all the little holes to make this thing flow smoothly now that I've had this brilliant idea that makes it so so SO much better.

I've never paid a lot of attention to time travel. "Back to the Future" and "Peggy Sue Got Married" are both great films. And my Boy is named Christopher because of "Somewhere in Time." But that's about it for me. I didn't even watch the two BttF sequels. And that movie with Meg Ryan and the guy from ... whenever he was from ... was perfectly awful.

But here I am mired in this thing, and discovering how really, really difficult it is. You have to think of EVERYTHING. And once you establish a rule, you have to stick with it. Like, if she's injured when she's in the past, will she still have the injury when she goes back to her own time? I think she would.

But the thing that everyone absolutely MUST abide by is this: YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE FUTURE. So, if she did something when she went back that altered her present, then she has to go back and fix it!

And that's where the fun begins.

Have a great day.

Susan

No comments: