Friday, March 30, 2007

And Now a Word from Jake...

Hey, thanks for letting me have the blog today, Delia.

I'm Jake Crosby. Delia writes about me in her new book TOUGHER THAN DIAMONDS. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her, although I gotta say, I wasn't too pleased when she first threw Rebecca into my path.

I mean, there I was, getting by quite nicely for a washed-up detective. It worked for Bogart, didn't it? Maybe I could find a clean pair of jeans in the morning. Maybe I would even get up while it was still morning. Maybe the bottle of Jack Daniel's would have a swallow left in it.
Not a bad life for a guy, right?

Then along comes this leggy blonde with her superior attitude, crossing her arms and looking down her nose at me like I smell bad or something. Then all of a sudden, I find myself looking around for a clean shirt, driving past the bar without stopping in, actually digging into a real case for the first time in who knows how long!

It was quite an adventure, I must say. It's amazing what a man will do for the right blonde. Hell, I took a bullet for this doll!

And what does she do for me? You'll have to read Delia's book to find out the rest. I promised her I wouldn't give away too much. So click your way over to Cerridwen Press and check out TOUGHER THAN DIAMONDS. You won't be sorry.

Oh, one more thing.....I'm a LOT better looking than that model on the cover.

See ya around,
Jake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jake :)
So you took a bullet for Rebecca, huh. That's even more romantic than a box of chocolate truffles... and that's saying a lot from a certified chocoholic, lol.
I'll be sure to check out Tougher Than Diamonds :)